Be in the picture. It's as simple as that



Be in the picture. If I’ve learned anything, especially these last few years, it’s to take the picture. Capture the moment.


Worry less about my hair, makeup and/or clothes. 

Don't say to myself: "I’m too fat." "I’m too wrinkly." "I don’t like the way I look."
Be in the picture anyway.
I’m my own worst critic. Nobody can be as harsh on me as me. But I’ve learned that it doesn’t have to be that way. So what if I don’t look like a super model? I never have; never will. Who I do look like is me. So rather than hide and not have pictures to recall memories, I decided I want those moments to be caught. I want the smiles to be captured.
Be in the picture.
In my recent trips, I have more pictures of me than I think I’ve ever had the entire time I was married to My Favourite Husband. And when I look at some of them, I don’t see everything that’s wrong. I see a strong, confident woman. One who knows her worth. One who is willing to put in the hard work so she go can off and make these memories and so many more in the years to come. I see joy.
It’s taken me a little while to get here and it’s a work in progress.

The point of this post, though, is not about me. It’s to encourage anyone else who’s not been in the picture because you don’t “like the way you look.” I want to tell you that how you see you isn’t how I see you. I see how you shine from the inside out. How your eyes sparkle and how your smile lights up your face. 

Don’t be scared to be seen. 

Don’t deny yourself the opportunity to capture the moment, the memories, the joy.

You are beautiful.

Be in the picture.

Comments

Popular Posts